As a coach, your website is the face of your business. It’s one of the first places that your clients will learn about your business, and it’s essential that your website looks good but functions well! When it comes to creating a self-hosted WordPress site, there are many different hosts out there, but Lyrical Host is my number one choice for small business websites. If you are looking to get started with your website, here is a step-by-step guide that will show you how easy it is to start a WordPress Website using Lyrical Host.
Select your Domain Name
Lyrical Host makes it easy to not only find the right domain for your business but also integrate the process right there with their hosting! You can use their search feature to find the perfect name for your website and search through dozens of extensions right at your fingertips. Once you find the perfect domain name, you can register instantly! You can choose the number of years you want the domain name registered for, AND domain privacy is included at no additional cost!
Register for Web Hosting
Lyrical Host’s web hosting is tailored to WordPress and is optimized to fit the WordPress platform. Since they only allow WordPress websites, you’ll not only get a hosting platform that knows WordPress but one that was designed for it!
In addition to their unique web hosting background, they also have very affordable hosting plans with a wide range of features. These plans can easily be switched between US Dollars, Canadian Dollars, Australian Dollars, Euros, and Pounds to figure out your country’s pricing quickly!
They have three different tiers of hosting: Tiny, Mighty, and Boss, so you can easily find a hosting offer that fits your unique business needs.
One of my favorite features of their hosting set up is that YOU can choose how long you want to pay for hosting! You don’t have to pay for an entire year upfront if you don’t have the money for it! You can go month-to-month to see if Lyrical Host is right for you, or you could pay for an entire year (or even three years) upfront and save some cash!
Quick Step-By-Step Instructions for Your New Website with Lyrical Host
To sign up for hosting with Lyrical Host, if you’re coaching website is brand new:
- Head to https://hub.lyricalhost.com*
- In the top navigation, choose Order Domains/Hosting > Buy WordPress Hosting
- Click the “Order Now” button next to the “Tiny” hosting package. This one will give you plenty of room to start a new site!
- Next you’ll see a Domain Name options screen.
If you don’t already have a website name you want to use, enter your preferred name option in the box and click “Check” to see if it’s available to register. Once you’ve found an available name you’re happy with, click “Continue.”
If you do already have a domain name you want to use, choose the bottom option: “I already have a domain name I want to use. (Choose this option if a) you’ve booked a Website Migration or b) you’ll update your own name servers).” Then enter the first part of your domain name in the first box, and the extension (com, net, org or similar, without the . in front) in the second box.
- The next step is to choose your preferred billing cycle from the drop down menu. Remember you can choose monthly, six monthly, or yearly billing. Once you’ve made your choice, click “Continue.”
- Check your order and add your promo code in the box. Use my affiliate code, PSHSolutions, and get 10% off your first hosting payment.
- Click “Check Out,” and enter your address and billing information. Check the box to agree to the terms, and then choose “Complete Order.”
- You’ll get a bunch of emails to confirm everything. The most important one is your Welcome email, which includes a link to all the getting started information you need. If you registered a new domain, you may also get a third party email asking you to confirm your ownership and point you at the right settings to hide your contact information from being displayed in a public directory.
If you have any questions, just contact Lyrical Host’s support team and they’ll be happy to help!
Install WordPress via the Lyrical Host Interface
WordPress is preinstalled with your hosting package through Lyrical Host; however, there are still a few things you need to do to set up your WordPress site.
First, you will need to follow these steps to set up a few of your WordPress settings:
- Log in to WordPress at https://cp.lyricalhost.com
- Click the WordPress icon at the top of the control panel.
- Watch the brief introduction to WordPress and fill in the necessary fields for you to complete.
You’ll also need to set up these features so you can start designing your website!
- Site Title
- Email Address
Getting Started with WordPress
Once you have gone through these steps, you’ll finally have a fully functional WordPress website! The first part of setting up your website might be over, but you still haven’t finished yet! The next step is to start thinking about the design and layout of your website.
Lyrical Host does provide a wide variety of free resources to their customers, such as ebooks to help guide you through different aspects of your business, such as social media post ideas, logos you can customize, themes, free fonts, and even free stock photos! Check out their resource library to get started! They even have a handy guide for getting started with WordPress if you’re entirely new to WordPress!
Get a Few Plugins for Your WordPress Website
Plugins are what help make your WordPress site function better, and make it work! They go beyond the function of your website and add features to your website without any coding necessary.
Here are some FREE plugins that you’ll want to make sure your WordPress website has to get started:
- Yoast SEO
- Google Analytics
These will help you get started with tracking your traffic, basic SEO, and a few other features you’ll want on your website! Depending on your niche, you may need other plugins such as a recipe card plugin, etc.
Creating Content for your WordPress Website
Once you have everything set up at this point, it’s time to start making some content on your website! First and foremost, you’ll want to start creating some pages and posts on your website. Pages can serve as navigation bar pages such as Contact or About Me, while posts can turn into a Blog section on your website. Now is your time to start creating valuable content that your readers will love!
As you can see, setting up a WordPress website doesn’t have to be a headache! Lyrical Host* makes it easy to set up a website using its integrated platform at a price you can’t beat!